Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Trolls, Sockpuppets, Bots, Spiders and Web Accelerators everywhere, it gives me great honor, great pleasure, great relief, and not a little trepidation to announce the First Ever Membership and Funds Drive of Trees and Things, Incorporated.
For almost three years now, this site has been governed by an initial Board of Directors that has been unelected, and accountable to the community only to the extent that we didn't want to drive anyone away. The membership drive we start today marks the first step in the final stage of the organization's maturation. At the conclusion of our first Annual Meeting, planned for July 1, we will truly be the self-sustaining, self-organized community that we have been striving to create.
But before we can hold a meeting, we need to get members into our organization. It would also be good if we could get some operating funds as well. Here is how we will do it:
- To become a member of the Trees and Things organization, it costs $30 for yearly dues.
- If you wish to become a member, you can send a donation via the PayPal link at the bottom of this page.
- We are required by law to record the name and address of all voting members of our organization. We don't care whose real name is attached to which TnT forum account alias, and we will neither request nor record this information.
- Remember that membership in Trees and Things, Inc. is not a requirement for participation in this site! If you just want to hang out and talk and don't care about voting for the Board or any of the other internal politics, you're not going to be booted if you don't give us anything.
- If you just want to give us some money and don't want the membership, we won't complain. We can even send you a receipt for your tax purposes.
- A $30 donation will get you a demure 3.75" tall mug.
- A $40 donation will get you a hearty 4.75" tall mug.
- And for a $50 donation, we offer you a little something that we like to call the MayorBob.
- People interested in becoming members should send their donations to us through PayPal, and Logan will tell CafePress to send you your mug. If you order it straight from the store, we won't be able to accept you as a member because CafePress doesn't give us the addresses of people who order from them.
- If you want a special message printed on your mug, make sure you let us know when you donate!
- And of course, if you just want your mug or any of our other fine wares without all the Membership drama, you can order straight from CafePress.com and not deal with us at all.
- Rich Dubielzig, Chairman and Incorporator
P.S. Don't forget to
Those that want to join the old fashioned way should make checks payable to Trees and Things, Inc. and send to:
Trees and Things
3730 Southview Drive #445
San Diego, CA 92117